Monday, October 1, 2007

Carnage! Urgh!!

Well after a great weekend with the family and doing some riding, today was not so good. I got up and went for a 3 hour ride this morning and on the way home turning off of Pacific Ave onto Winston Salem I was riding behind this van when he suddenly stopped and made a abrout left turn with no single and no place for me to go so I applied as much breaking force as I could and hit a dip in the road and there went me and the bike slidding right towards the van. Then all I heard was crunch and I was like NOOOOO!! The driver was like I usually dont come this way and I did not see you. I was like no $h!t. We had a few choice words. Nothing really came out of it besides my bike with a bent wheel, broke rear derailer and hanger, toast saddle and some minor road rash, cuts and bruises. Well the good thing is that I dont have any broken bones and can still walk.

5 comments:

chris d said...

Glad you came out without worse.

Liz Schleeper said...

YIKEs, sorry to hear and glad you are ok. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

This time of year everyone gets hit?I wonder why?I think it would make for an interesting study.....P.s.Its hard to get hit by a car in the woods........
Todd

JB said...

Sorry to hear that,

glad it wasn't worse.

Kevin said...

sorry bout your spill bro!